Pork shoulder is one my favorite cuts of meat. You can pop it in the oven in the morning and by evening have an amazing casserole dish of pulled pork to use in barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, lettuce wraps, or in salad bowls. The crispy crusty edges with the baked in spices are the bites you’ll swoon over. The bonus? It’s a very affordable cut of meat, so you can serve a crowd or have leftovers for days to come.
Slow Roasted Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 7 pounds pork shoulder
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Combine all salt, garlic powder, oregano and onion powder. Rub all over entire surface of pork shoulder.
- Place on a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 8 hours.
- Remove from oven and let rest 25 minutes. Slice or pull. To pull, place pork shoulder in a large casserole dish. Use two sturdy forks to pull the meet apart into strands, by pulling each fork in opposite directions.