If you’re thinking you’d rather drink your coffee than eat it, hear me out! Using ground coffee in the rub for this Coffee Rubbed Flank Steak provides a unique depth of flavor, that, paired a little spice from the chile powder and sweetness from the brown sugar, makes for one delicious steak. And with a Nutrivore Score of 529, it’s an extra nutritious steak too.
What gives this Coffee Rubbed Flank Steak an extra nutrient punch is the coffee. With an extraordinary Nutrivore Score of 7036, coffee is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet! It’s particularly high in beneficial phytonutrients (especially polyphenols), as well as vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B7 (biotin).
Coffee Rubbed Flank Steak
- 2 Tablespoons coffee finely ground dark-roast
- 1 Tablespoon chile powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt coarse grain
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dark brown cane sugar
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a small bowl, mix the coffee, chili powder, paprika, salt, cumin, coriander, granulated onion, granulated garlic, and sugar. Liberally coat the flank steak with the rub, patting with your fingers so it adheres.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice steak against the grain.
Leave a Reply