Here is an easy to make your own breakfast sausage using a good quality ground pork. Mix some good seasonings with ground pork, form it into links or patties and pan fry it. You could buy casings and stuff sausages if you want, but this is the “easy” way. This seasoning mix mimics a traditional English banger.
Easy Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Measure herbs in a small bowl.
- Add ground pork to the bowl and mix everything together with your hands. Form eight links or patties.
- Cook on the first side for approximately 6 minutes, until you can see the meat cooking on the edges and the underneath looks a little browned. Turn.
- Cover and cook on the second side for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.