These bars are not very sweet. If you would like a more decadent treat or are hoping that your children will eat these, I suggest using 60-70% chocolate for the topping to add additional sweetness.
Almond Coconut Bars
- Melt coconut oil in microwave on low power or in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat.
- Line a 9×9” baking pan with wax paper.
- Pulse almonds in food processor until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate to the food processor and pulse until it forms a textured paste. Stir by hand to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Pour into baking pan and smooth out to the corners.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate either in microwave on low power on in a double boiler. Drizzle over almond coconut base and spread with a spoon or rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Place bars back in refrigerator for approximately 5 minutes, until chocolate is solid but still a little soft (for ease of cutting). Cut into bars and store in a plastic container in the fridge.