When you get bored of garden salads, this Strawberry Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans has it all: peppery arugula, sweet strawberries, spiced pecans, the tang of goat cheese and a zesty lime dressing to finish it off! You can make the pecans ahead of time and store any leftovers in a plastic container in your fridge.
Strawberry Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans
- 1 cup pecans raw halves
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- juice of one lime approximately 2 Tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 8 cups arugula
- ½ pound strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbled, optional
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and honey. Add pecans and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle spices over pecans and stir to coat evenly.
- Continue stirring constantly and cook until pecans have browned and are fragrant, 5-6 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn!
- Pour pecans out onto a plate and let cool.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil and black pepper well and pour onto salad immediately (or mix again right before use).
- Toss arugula, strawberries and pecans.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese
- Drizzle dressing over salad immediately before serving.