This recipe for Lemon-Dill Poached Salmon is just as quick and easy to make as it is nutrient dense with an impressive Nutrivore Score of 747!
Poached salmon is a great staple weeknight meal. And while it’s faster and better if poached fresh (or thawed), it can even be poached from frozen, which makes it a go-to for days when there isn’t time to prepare anything ahead of time.
Lemon-Dill Poached Salmon Recipe
- 1/2 lemon juice and grated rind
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped (or about 1 Tbsp dried dill)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 salmon fillets 6-7 oz each
- Place lemon juice, grated lemon rind, dill and water into the bottom of a large saucepan or skillet.
- Add salmon fillets to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and then cover and reduce temperature to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, until salmon is fully cooked and opaque throughout.