Making your own Halloween Marshmallow Ghosts with clean nutrient-dense ingredients is surprisingly easy and quite fun! The two primary ingredients are honey and gelatin. And this festive Halloween twist makes these fun treats you can share with friends, family and co-workers!
Halloween Marshmallow Ghosts
- 1 cup honey (mild in flavor)
- 1 cup water divided
- 1/4 cup gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (for dusting)
- 12 dried cranberries
- Heat honey and half the water in a saucepan to 240 degrees.
- Bloom the gelatin in the other half of the water.
- Put gelatin in bottom of standing mixer and start whipping as you pour the hot honey mixture over top and let it whip on medium high for 10-12 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Scoop marshmallow into a piping bag fitted with a 1⁄2-inch round piping tip. Pipe the mixture onto a parchment covered baking sheet dusted with arrowroot powder.
- Working quickly, add dried fruit while the marshmallow is still sticky. You will want to pipe 4-5 at a time, then add the “eyes” and “mouth” and then continue piping.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows with arrowroot powder and let set 4 hours or overnight.