Shallots, garlic, fresh tarragon, and wild mushrooms combine in a rich sauce to take this Chicken Breast with Wild Mushrooms and Tarragon Sauce recipe to the next level, both in terms of flavor and nutrition.
Chicken Breast with Wild Mushrooms and Tarragon Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or your favorite vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 1 pound wild mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried
- 3 tablespoons flour, grain-free flour alternative, or your favorite flour blend, divided
- 4 chicken breasts about 2.5 pounds
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 1 clove garlic
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook until tender and lightly browned. With slotted spoon, transfer to a small bowl.
- On a plate, mix salt, tarragon, and cassava flour. Use to coat chicken breast. In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and increase to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 10 minutes longer, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F or juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- Place chicken on four plates and keep warm.
- In a cup, mix arrowroot powder with broth. Pour into skillet and heat to boiling over high heat, stirring to deglaze the skillet. Add garlic, lemon juice, and browned shallots and mushrooms. Pour over chicken and serve.