These Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps bring the flavor and nutrition of Southeast Asia to your table in less than 30 minutes. The romaine lettuce, cilantro, and fresh garlic help bolster the Nutrivore score of this dish. Serve Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps as an appetizer or as a main dish salad.
Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up frequently with a spoon or spatula to achieve a fine cooked ground beef texture, 8-10 minutes.
- Add broth to beef. If broth is unseasoned, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until broth has completely boiled away, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine crushed garlic, lime juice and fish sauce. Finely chop and then combine cilantro and mint in a separate bowl. Separate lettuce leaves and cut in half if very large.
- Once broth has boiled off completely, stir in the lime juice mixture. Simmer, stirring, until the lime juice mixture has also boiled away, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chopped herbs, immediately remove beef from heat and serve.
- To serve: scoop a generous spoonful of beef mixture into a lettuce leaf, wrap the lettuce leaf up around the beef mixture and enjoy! You can also serve as a salad on a bed of shredded lettuce.