These Simple Broiled Pork Chops take minutes to prepare and about 15 minutes to cook, which makes them a perfect midweek meal. The combination of fennel seed and pork is absolutely divine, especially when served beside a sweeter flavor like sweet potatoes or the classic applesauce. Consider making a bigger batch of this seasoning mix and keep it in a shaker for whenever you cook pork (it’s also really tasty on pork roasts and chicken).
Simple Broiled Pork Chops
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven on the high broil setting for about 10 minutes.
- Grind fennel seed in a spice grinder or small blender until it’s a fine powder. Combine with salt and cracked black pepper (you could also grind whole pepper corns with the fennel seed). Sprinkle liberally over both sides of the pork chops.
- Place pork on a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Broil on the first side for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. If on the thin side go with 6 minutes. Flip and broil on the second side for another 6-8 minutes.
- Rest the pork chops under foil for 5 minutes before eating.