This simple Greek-Inspired Baked Chicken is a perfect mid-week meal when time in the kitchen is not the easiest thing to find. This chicken dish has a souvlaki-inspired flavor and works really well with salad and steamed or roasted veggies. Use boneless skinless chicken breast or any chicken pieces/parts you like for this dish (with or without the skin)—just cook about 10 minutes longer for thighs or breasts with bone.
Greek-Inspired Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of a large casserole dish or deep roasting pan.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and place in the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine lemon zest, garlic, oregano, and salt. Melt butter or ghee and mix with spices. Pour over chicken and mix to coat (this is easiest using your hands).
- Arrange chicken in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Optional: drizzle fresh lemon juice over the chicken before eating.
Leave a Reply